Introduction to Computer Programmer:
A Computer Programmer is the one who writes the code and turn them into an executable program or software. Software comprises a set of instructions that can work as an interface between the user and the hardware.
They convert the various ideas developed by the experts of various fields such as doctors, engineers, and companies developing their ideas for the betterment of the world. They can debug the program having errors and make the error-free also they can change them as the user.
Career, Salary, and Eligibility for Computer Programmer:
- Working: They work on a program that can run into a Computer as an application or software. They test the program code and programs to function.
- Eligibility: Most of the Programmers hold a bachelor’s degree and having knowledge of over 5 Programming Languages for having a suitable job with a good salary.
- Salary: The average salary of a computer programmer is $80,000 per annum.
- Job scope: The employment rate for a computer programmer has decreased by about 7% over the next ten years because programming nowadays can be done from anywhere over the world so the company hires the candidates from the countries where the pay scale is low.
Top 3 Jobs for Computer Programmer:
- Software Developer: The most famous job for a computer programmer is of a software developer. They are the creative minds responsible for the working of various functions on the computer.
- Analyst Programmer: An Analyst analysis of the program and gives the solutions for the modification of the program. They develop manuals for the user and solutions for the users to run the program. They also generate statistics from the databases for the modification in the various parts of the program.
- Computer Programmer: A computer programmer writes, tests, and develops the program on itself. They are hired by various companies to generate the program/software for the organization.
Duties of the Programmer:
- They write the program in various programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, PHP.
- Update the programs and their functions to perform various actions.
- Finds the errors and debugs them so that the program can work.
- They work with a software developer, and their works overlap sometimes. This enables to allow them to work on basic initials of the program such as algorithms and flowcharts.
- They use code libraries which are the collection of pre-defined sets of instructions because the codes can be understood by the user easily.
- They use IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to create and test the program, and then they develop the program.
- Analytical Skills: They must understand the complex programs to solve the errors within the program.
- Concentration: They must have to focus on their work because this can cause a big error within the program which can’t be solved.
- Detail Oriented: Programs must contain the comments because minor mistakes in the modules of the program can cause a heavy issue that can affect the entire program.
- Troubleshooting skills: They can do the most important task through this skill of making a program by solving the errors because this can help in easy modification of the program.
- Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of basic mathematical skills such as algebra and arithmetic can help a lot to a programmer in solving the logic of the program.
- Problem Solving Skills: This skill helps a lot to a programmer because this will helps in simplifying the logic of the program.
- Writing Skills: This helps a lot to a programmer during the documentation of the program because this explains the entire program and this will help others for understanding the program.
A Programmer can become certified in various programming languages to make their career as a computer programmer from various institutes giving certifications for specialization in specific programming languages. They can also get it through their graduation in specialized subjects is assumed to be expert in that programming language. Also, they can get experience by doing internships while they are pursuing their graduation.
There are various works a Programmer can do in the various fields related to computer programming. They can make their career in different fields having different posts and work as given below:
- Information Research Scientist
- Information System Manager
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Network Architect
- Support Specialist
- System Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Software Developer
- Computer System And Network Administrator